Drafter/Designer must have previous experience in metal fabrication for a minimum of 1 year. Need to have experience in CNC plasma and router table programming and operating. Must be able to do daily maintenance and file conversions with machine. Need to be able to self-motivate and stay on task throughout the day. Drafters translate information provided by customer drawings, specifications, and verbal direction into fabrication requirements including part tolerances, critical dimensions, and cosmetic and finishing standards. The Drafter/Designer is responsible for providing support to the fabrication department preparing product layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches and diagrams of custom metal projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Uses computer assisted design/drafting (IronCAD and BricsCAD) equipment and software to develop designs.
• Creates and revises fabrication drawings.
• Makes final sketch of proposed drawing, checking dimensions, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
• Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
• Drafts detailed multi-view drawings of products.
• Draws finished designs from sketches.
• Sets up and maintains an organized file system for production drawings
• Duties are usually performed in an office environment
• Some travel to a jobsite may be required to obtain measurements
• Communicate with the customer via phone, e-mail, and in-person
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• A basic understanding of mathematics and technical skills in computer aided drafting
• The ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels within the organization
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
• The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
• Intermediate level familiarity with Microsoft Office Products
• Ability to interact well with other employees
• Knowledge of fabrication drawing practices for sheet metal, welded, and machined parts essential
• Effective verbal and written communication – both internal and external to the organization
• Team oriented and Customer focused
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
• Associate degree in drafting, engineering technologies, or related field. Will consider non-degree candidates with relevant previous experience.
• CAD experience required
• 1-3 years experience in a job fabrication shop preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Shift: 6am – 4:30pm
• 10-hour shift
• Friday, Saturday, and Sunday Off
**Benefits Package offered upon completion of 90-Day waiting period**